[OANNES Foro] SLO Aquatic Sciences Meeting 2009 / january

Víctor Aramayo vitoh2002 en yahoo.com
Mar Dic 23 11:42:32 PST 2008

www.aslo.org/nice2009/

SLO Aquatic Sciences Meeting 2009
A Cruise Through Nice Waters
25-30 January 2009
Center de Congres Acropolis
Nice, France
Sponsored by the American Society of Limnology and Oceanography.
Local Sponsors: Laboratoire d'Océanographie de Villefranche (LOV - Villefranche Oceanography Laboratory), Centre Scientifique de Monaco (CSM - Scientific Centre of Monaco), IAEA Marine Environment Laboratory (IAEA-MEL), Laboratoire de Biologie du Développement (BioDev - Developmental Biology Laboratory), and Laboratoire d'Ecologie des Ecosystèmes Marins et Réponses aux Stress (ECOMERS - Ecology of Marine Ecosystems and Responses to Stress)
Supported by the Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique (CNRS), Institut National des Sciences de l'Univers (INSU), European Space Agency (ESA), EAWAG, Université Pierre et Marie Curie-Paris6 (UPMC), Université de Nice, Communauté Nice Côte d'Azur (CANCA), Mairie de Nice, and Institut Océanographique Paul Ricard
New Updates
Some questions relating to registration, payment and financial support are being asked frequently, so please see the new information about Travel Grants, Student Stipends, Alternate Payment Methods and Letters of Invitation.
Call for Papers
ASLO invites the submission of abstracts for oral and poster presentations. In order to have your abstract considered for acceptance, you must submit before the abstract deadline of 3 October 2008.  Abstract and registration fees will be accepted in both Euros and U.S. dollars and membership in ASLO can be completed at the time of submission.  We hope that you will join ASLO and take advantage of the discounted registration fees for members!
A Cruise through Nice Waters
With this third international ASLO Meeting in Europe and the only ASLO meeting in 2009, the picturesque coasts and towns of Southern France invite you to share and exchange your scientific findings and viewpoints with colleagues from all over the world with a touch of Mediterranean life style by setting the premises for lively discussions in a friendly and warm atmosphere. Mediterranean tradition includes a long enough lunchtime break to visit one of the lovely restaurants in the medieval quarters of Nice, only 5 minutes away, or to take a break at the nearby beach (sorry, sunbathing is not guaranteed in January).
We are intentionally not focusing this meeting on a specific theme and rather offer a large variety of session  to everybody's taste and interest using a bottom up approach. Reflecting Europe's large variety of different cultures that have to cope with each other in a permanent exchange of different ideas, we introduce a new kind of plenary lecture in this conference.  topic of the day will be covered by two speakers with either controversial or complementary viewpoints in order to solicit a lively discussion among the participants in the following sessions. We also encourage a transdisciplinary approach with natural and social scientists in one of the five keynote topics ("Future water shortage and sustainable water management: their implications for aquatic ecosystems").
Please join us January 25-30, 2009 in Nice for this exciting event. We invite you to participate through submissions to oral or poster sessions. Following the trend at our recent meetings, increasing emphasis is being placed on poster sessions with the goal of not increasing the number of concurrent oral sessions. Therefore poster sessions will be scheduled at times when there are no conflicts with other events.
For More Information
For more information on the 2009 Ocean Sciences Meeting, address all correspondence and questions regarding registration, conference logistics, and hotel accommodations to:
Helen Schneider Lemay
ASLO Business Office
5400 Bosque Boulevard, Suite 680
Waco, Texas 76710-4446
business en aslo.org E-mail
800-929-ASLO Voice: within the U.S., Canada, and the Caribbean
254-399-9635 Voice: all other countries

      ¡Felices Fiestas! Enviale una tarjeta electronica gratis a tu familia y amigos y deseales felices fiestas. http://yahoomorado.com/tarjetas/