[OANNES Foro] (MSC ¿sirve?) Toward a Conservation Ethic for the Sea

Raul Sanchez Scaglioni resnsc en yahoo.com
Dom Ago 7 22:06:24 PDT 2011

" Indeed, the world of fisheries has been warped by the demand emanating from a
appetites. In Europe and North America, we not only want to eat all the fish,
but we also pick and choose sustainable fish from magic wallet cards so that we can
feel good about ourselves. The MS C, in a move similar to Anakin Skywalker’s, is certifying
reduction fisheries; in other words, certifying as “sustainable” the grinding up
of perfectly edible fish to make fishmeal so pigs can eat fish, and so an ever increasing
tonnage of farmed salmon can be certified as “sustainable,” because they are fed with
certified anchovies.
very language with which we think and express ourselves."
 BULLETIN OF MARINE SCIENCE. VOL 87, NO 2. 2011
Toward a Conservation Ethic for the Sea:
Steps in a Personal and Intellect ual OdysseyDaniel Paulyfew markets (the EU , the US , Japan, China), all with devastated local stocks and insatiable55 This is old patch disturber again, this time wrecking even the