[OANNES Foro] FAO: The State of World Fisheries and Aquaculture 2014

Mario Cabrejos casal en infotex.com.pe
Lun Mayo 19 07:22:42 PDT 2014

De: FAO Publications [mailto:mail.gzqwmkekfmsrem en publications-sales.fao.msgfocus.com]
Enviado el: Monday, May 19, 2014

 <http://publications-sales.fao.msgfocus.com/c/1xQR7Li8bxP2nSYB9ekxw>

	Announcing the new edition of
The State of World Fisheries and Aquaculture 2014

 banner <http://publications-sales.fao.msgfocus.com/files/amf_fao/project_6/Cover_Launch_Banner.jpg>

More people than ever before rely on fisheries and aquaculture for food and as a source of income, but harmful practices and poor management threaten the sector's sustainability.
“The health of our planet as well as our own health and future food security all hinge on how we treat the blue world. We need to ensure that environmental well-being is compatible with human well-being in order to make long-term sustainable prosperity a reality for all. For this reason, FAO is committed to promoting 'Blue Growth,' which is based on the sustainable and responsible management of our aquatic resources”, José Graziano da Silva, FAO Director-General

The State of World Fisheries and Aquaculture 2014

 <http://publications-sales.fao.msgfocus.com/c/1xQRF2m31UGF695dxkOgN>

	FAO, Rome 2014
ISBN: 978-92-5-108275-1 (English version)
ISSN: 1020-5489
223 pp., 210 × 297 mm
Price: $68.00
View the press release and video  <http://publications-sales.fao.msgfocus.com/c/1xQSJAtSIEpUwFisjxLJl> here
Download your free copy:
 <http://publications-sales.fao.msgfocus.com/c/1xQTgRxNz1hxeVp4HEfsC>

Soon also available in Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian and Spanish, and as an eBook <http://publications-sales.fao.msgfocus.com/c/1xQUlpFDfL0MFrCjtRcVa>  from the FAO Publications page <http://publications-sales.fao.msgfocus.com/c/1xQUSGJy67SpnHIVRXGEr> .

Highlights

• World aquaculture production continues to grow and now provides almost half of all fish for human consumption
• Fisheries and aquaculture supports the livelihoods of 10-12 percent of the world's population
• Fish is important for diversified and healthy diets providing essential fatty acids and micronutrients
• Small-scale fisheries are gaining more global recognition as being integral to growth but also vulnerable to impacts, such as climate change or tenure disputes
• The Code of Conduct for Responsible Fisheries, nearly 20 years on, serves as an internationally accepted benchmark for the sustainable use of aquatic resources

Information and how to order

For sales enquiries, please contact <mailto:publications-sales en fao.org?subject=Order%20FAO%20statistical%20yearbook%202013>  publications en fao.org or directly  <http://publications-sales.fao.msgfocus.com/c/1xQVpXNsWuK25XPyg4anI> our agents and distributors in your region

 <http://publications-sales.fao.msgfocus.com/c/1xQVXeRnMRBEOdWaEaE6Z> FAO Publications website

Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations

Viale delle Terme di Caracalla
00153 Rome, Italy

---